ISASSA Have Teaching X158 Post
ISASA is the oldest, largest and most inclusive independent (private) schools association in Southern Africa. It is a non-profit organisation that provides its members with services to protect their interests, promote best practice and support quality education. Membership is voluntary and ISASA is not a governing body for schools.
ISASA serves over 800 schools representing a broad spectrum of socio-economic and cultural communities, religious affiliations and educational levels. Our member schools educate more than 180 000 pupils.
Investec and the Department of Basic Education are offering prospective Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) teachers, specialising in the fields of Mathematics and the Sciences, an opportunity to win bursaries to study for a four year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree or a one year postgraduate (PGCE) certificate at UNISA.
Benefits of the programme:
- Learn from and be mentored by experienced school teachers
- Access to excellent teaching, learning resources and technology
- Training in ISASA member schools
- Targeted academic enrichment programme
The bursary will fully cover, amongst others, UNISA fees and textbooks.
Who can apply?
- School leavers with matric exemption (Bachelor pass) and 60% or more in Mathematics and 60% or more in either Physical or Life Sciences;
- Tertiary students with Mathematics and Sciences (Life Science or Physical Sciences) credits;
- Graduates with Mathematics and/or Science majors.