Closing Date: 31 October 2018
Limpopo Province experiences a shortage of qualified Engineers, Technicians and other needed scarce skills to establish, maintain and manage Government office buildings, efficiently .
- To address skills shortage in the Department.
- To of fer financial assistance to the previously disadvantaged individuals to acquire skills that are needed in the Department and in the construction sector within the province.
- To promote economic growth, employability and social development.
- To create awareness and accessibility to built environment careers.
Candidates must be:
- South African students residing in Limpopo Province.
- Students attending to or already studying towards a degree / diploma at a recognized South African tertiary institute and within the built environment.
- Able to provide proof of academic results for grade 12 or alternatively be in possession of an acceptable alternate qualification.
- Accepted by the university / technikon.
- Degree in Building Engineering
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Degree in Architectural Science
- Degree / N. Diploma in Landscaping
- Degree / N. Diploma in Asset Management
- Degree / N. Diploma in Financial Management
- Degree / N. Diploma in Property and Facility Management
The Department identifies the needs from the Directorates / Programmes, then advertises the need to the community through the following: –
- Career exhibition
- Visiting Educational institutions
Preference shall be given to:
- Commendable performance proof of
- Acceptance into chosen tertiary institution
- Previously disadvantaged individuals
- Designated groups Proof of registration with particular tertiary institution should be submitted.
- Payment is made after receiving the statement of account from the institutions.
- Payments are therefore made in respect of the following items:
After completion of studies, a student may be expected to serve the department, the number of years equivalent to years of sponsorship.
Failure to comply with the provisions of the bursary agreement will result in the Bursary having to refund immediately all amounts (plus interest) paid by the Department on their behalf.