Closing Date: 17 August 2018 at 12:00
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed youth who conform to the requirements for a twelve-month internship programme at Free State Province. The internship programme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Must be between ages 18 – 35
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification
- Must have no criminal record(s)
- Applicants must be unemployed, was never employed in field of the post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post previously
- Applicants must be residents of the province where the post is advertised (proof of residential address to be attached)
- Applicants are restricted to apply for 3 positions only (to complete an application for each ref number)
- Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
- Student Intern: Need practical experience in order to finalise qualification
- Matric Intern: Senior Certificate (Grade 12) no tertiary qualification is required.
NB: Stipend for each category will be as determined by the Section Head: ETD Skills Development: South African Police Service
|ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN: [x35]
Be in possession of a NQF level 6 Diploma / Degree in Human Resource Management / Public Administration / Supply Chain Management / Finance or Accounting / Public Management.
Registration functions. Dispatch and receive documents to and from the Sub-Section. Update leave registers and leave system, Process leave applications. Maintain a filling system. HRM related functions. Compile skills audit Assist with the completion of the PEP document and related function. SCM related functions. Finance and Administrative related Functions
Must have done 18 months theoretical studies at a TVET college and in need of 18 months experiential training to obtain qualifications. (Meet the generic requirements) Core Function
All Registration and Admin related Functions. Dispatch and receive documents to and from the sub-section. Update leave registers and leave system Process leave applications Maintain a filling system HRM related functions SCM related functions Finance and Administrative related Functions
|ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN: [x10]
No additional requirement (Meet the generic requirements)
All Registration and Admin related Functions. Dispatch and receive documents to and from the sub-section. Update leave registers and leave system Process leave applications Maintain a filling system HRM related functions SCM related functions. Finance and Administrative related Functions
- Only the official application form for the internship programme (available on DPSA website and at SAPS Official website ) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form. 6
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint screening and reference checking .
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- If a n applicant is short – listed, it can be expected of him / her to undergo a personal interview. Short – listed applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Internship program in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract.
How To Apply
Applications Must Be Posted To:
For attention: Col Thulo / LT Col Heilbron
Private Bag X20501
Hand Delivered To:
Col Thulo / LT Col Heilbron / PPO Fass
TAB Building (3rd Floor )
Corner Charles and East Burger Str
Enquiries Can Be Directed To C ol Thulo / Lt Col Heilbron / Pheko (051) 41178 40 / 7845